Connect with Life Teen
(770) 923-6633 ext. 133
For E-mail and Text Updates, text "SJN" to 84576 or click the sheep below.
Then register, and then select "St. John Neumann Catholic Church" to join Flocknote!
Welcome to Life Teen at St. John Neumann!
Life Teen is a Catholic youth ministry program for high school students in grades 9-12 that seeks to connect teens - and by extension, their families - more deeply with Jesus Christ, with the Church, and with one another.
Please take a look at everything offered here and feel free to join us!
Upcoming Events and Activities +
Youth Mass Sundays 5:00pm in Sanctuary
Remaining Dates Vary; See Below
Bible Study Dates:
- 7/3 - NO BIBLE STUDY; Independence Day Week
- 7/31 - PRAYER ON THE MOUNTAIN
- Prayer on the Mountain is our Annual Trip to Stone Mountain, weather permitting, from 5:30pm-10:30pm. See Permission Form for more details!
- In the event of bad weather, we'll still meet at St. John Neumann for games and food.
Sunday Sundaes (Ice Cream Social in the Teen Room; 6-7:30pm):
- Fri, 6/21 - Starve Wars Service Project (Sign-up with Jason!)
- Sat, 6/29 - Tentative SJN Service Projects Day
- Fri-Sun, 7/12-14 - Steubenville Atlanta Conference (only a few spots remaining!)
- Stay tuned for other Pop-Up Socials during the summer!
Sunday Life Nights: 2019-2020
Youth Mass 5:00pm in Sanctuary
Life Night 6:15-8:00pm in Reynolds Hall
- 8/18 - PARENTS INVITED - Open House and Year Introduction (OPTIONAL)
- 8/25 - Kick-Off Life Night
- 9/1 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Labor Day
- 9/8 - Belong 1: Alone!
- 9/15 - Belong 2: Invited!
- 9/22 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Fall Retreat
- 9/29 - Belong 3: Accepted!
- 10/6 - Belong 4: Needed!
- 10/13 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Fall Break
- 10/20 - Otherworldly 1: Same Wavelength!
- 10/27 - Otherworldly 2: Parallel Universe!
- 11/3 - PARENTS INVITED - Saints and Souls
- 11/10 - Otherworldly 3: Another Dimension!
- 11/17 - Otherworldly 4: Detecting a Signal!
- 11/24 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Thanksgiving Break!
- 12/1 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Advent by Candlelight!
- 12/8 - Advent/Christmas Party
- 12/15 - Finals Food & Fun (OPTIONAL)
- 1/12 - Spring Kick-Off
- 1/19 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Retreat
- 1/26 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Tentative Confirmation
- 2/2 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Super Bowl
- 2/9 - Consumed 1: Blood of Sacrifice
- 2/16 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Student-Teacher Holiday
- 2/23 - Consumed 2: Washed in the Water
- 3/1 - Consumed 3: From the Dirt
- 3/8 - Consumed 4: Through the Flame
- 3/15 - Dead 1: Memento Mori
- 3/22 - Dead 2: Hell-Bound
- 3/29 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Spring Break
- 4/5 - Dead 3: Sever
- 4/12 - NO LIFE NIGHT; Easter
- 4/19 - Dead : Destroyed
- 4/26 - Year-End Review
Wednesday Bible Study
6:30-8:00pm in the Teen Room
Every Wednesday in the 2019 Spring Semester Except:
Every Wednesday in the 2019-2020 School Year Except:
- 9/20-22/2019, Fall Retreat
- 1/17-19/2020, January Retreat
Program Details +
Sundays: Youth Mass & Life Nights
All Life Teen and Edge Youth (High School & Middle School), and their families, should plan to join us for the 5:00pm Sunday Youth Mass, which includes contemporary music, homilies geared toward young people, and opportunities to serve as Greeters, Ushers, Lectors, Altar Servers, and Eucharistic Ministers. All Unconfirmed teens are encouraged to train as Greeters, Ushers, and Altar Servers. Unconfirmed teens may also train to be Lectors, but only with permission from Fr. Sunny. Any and all Confirmed teens are encouraged to train as Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers.
Immediately following the Youth Mass, all high school students - whether they are Catholic or not! - are invited to our Sunday Life Nights in Reynolds Hall, ending at 8pm. Life Nights are held most Sundays throughout the school year. We typically will not meet on Sundays that fall on 3-day national or school holiday weekends, though sometimes we will. Keep an eye on the schedule and on our Flocknote communications!
Life Nights begin with food and fellowship, before shifting gears into catechesis on our Catholic faith. We present two 4-week series each semester, filling in other Sundays with social events, service activities, and nights on current events. The topics for each series vary, but all are geared toward teaching our faith and drawing teens into a deeper relationship with Jesus, with one another, and with the parish community.
Curriculum: we use materials provided by Life Teen International, which are designed in accordance with the USCCB's vision for catechizing youth on 8 essential topics: 1. The Person of Jesus, 2. The Paschal Mystery, 3. The Sacraments, 4. The Church, 5. Scripture, 6. Social Justice, 7. Morality, and 8. Vocations. We typically cover these subjects on a two-year rotation, with some variance each rotation in the specific topics that we cover within each.
Wednesdays: Bible Study and The Well
On Wednesday nights throughout the year we gather in the Teen Room from 6:30-8:00pm for Bible Study. Though the specific content will change from week-to-week, we'll always have food, fellowship, study, & prayer. At any given Bible Study, we may: take a look at current events; make cards or keepsakes for other ministries; play games; take a look at the readings for the upcoming Sunday; and so forth.
On one Wednesday most months, we have a special event called The Well, where we gather for Praise and Worship and occasionally adoration. On adoration nights, the entire family is invited to join us to pray together.