Guidelines For First Reconciliation & First Communion
First Reconciliation Sacrament Preparation Calendar - Fall 2016:
- Parent Meeting - Wednesday, October 12th at 6:30-7:45 pm in rooms 1 & 4. (Parents will receive their packets of information as well as the required an adult teaching on the Sacrament of First Reconciliation at this meeting. A calendar with sacrament dates will be handed out at this meeting.)
- First Penance Retreat for students - Saturday, October 22nd, 8:45am - 12 noon in the Quad downstairs.
- Sacrament of First Penance - Wednesday, November 9th, at 6:30pm in the Church.
First Communion Sacrament Preparation Calendar - Winter/Spring 2017
- Parent Meeting - Wednesday, February 1st, 6:30 - 7:45pm in rooms 1 & 4.
- First Communion Retreat - Saturday, March 25th, 8:45am - 12:00 noon in the Quad.
- First Communion rehearsal for those making FC during the bilingual group Mass is Friday, April 29th, 6:30 - 7:30pm. Banners are due!
- First Communion rehearsal - Friday, May 5th, 6:30 - 7:30pm in the Church.
- First Communion Mass (bilingual) - Saturday, May 6th, at 11:00am. Students will arrive at 10:00 am for a group photo, individual photos for purchase, and last minute instructions. Reception will follow the Mass. All First Communion families are encouraged to participate in this group event. Mark your calendar now!
- First Communion Alternative Mass Options: Sunday, May 7th: 9:00am -or- 11am - or 1pm Spanish -or- 5pm. (Sorry, no receptions available for Sunday, May 7th Masses.)
* All First Communion students are invited to attend the 9am Mass on Sunday, May 14th in their First Communion attire, to participate in the opening procession, bringing flowers to honor Mary, our Mother.
*2nd - 5th graders who have already completed one year of sacramental preparation are eligible to participate in the sacrament prep program and must have excellent attendance in PSR.
Mary Lou Schwaner, Coordinator at
or 770-923-6633 ext. 117
Middle School (6th, 7th, and 8th grade)
First Penance and First Communion 2015-2016
- First Penance Preparation Dates for the candidates (kids): Sunday, September 20th, October 18th, November 15th, 4:30-6:00pm in Room 8.
- First Penance Parent Meeting is on Wednesday, October 7th at 6:30 in rooms 1 & 4. (Parents will receive their packets of information as well as the required adult teaching on the Sacrament at this meeting. A calendar with sacrament dates will be handed out at this meeting. Baptismal certificates are due!)
- First Penance is scheduled for December 21st, at 6:30pm in the Church.
- First Communion Preparation Dates for the candidates (kids): Sunday, January 24th, February 21st, March 13th, 4:30-6:00pm in Room 8.
- First Communion Parent Meeting is Wednesday, February 3rd, 6:30 - 7:45pm in rooms 1 & 4.
- First Communion Rehearsal is scheduled for Wednesday, March 23rd, 6:30-7:30pm in the Church. Banners are due!
- First Communion will take place during the Sunday Liturgy on one of these dates: April 3, 10, 17 & 24, at the 9:00am, 11:00am or the 1:00pm Mass.
***Middle schoolers who plan on making First Penance and First Communion this year must attend Sunday EDGE nights, Wednesday Bible Study (WEDGE) nights and all Sacrament Preparation classes.***
Linda Mauge at
or 770-923-6633 ext. 120
Confirmation for adults or RCIA (information about becoming Catholic) contact Deacon Greg Ollick at
or 770-923-6633 ext. 121.