Family Promise of Gwinnett provides temporary housing for screened homeless families by using host churches that provide evening housing for these families on a weekly basis. SJN became a host church in 2015. Some other nearby Catholic host churches involved in this ministry are St. Oliver Plunkett, St. Lawrence and St. Monica. St. Stephen's is a support church. SJN excited to be hosting two weeks this summer. The first host week is June 12 - 19th. The second host week is August 21st - 28. Many volunteers are needed the weeks that SJN hosts as well as volunteers for the 1st Sunday commitment.
Please contact us at:
Mission Statement: As grateful stewards of God’s gifts, we at St. John Neumann Church desire to live our faith by assisting homeless families sponsored by Family Promise of Gwinnett, Inc.
Our ministry to homeless families will include:
- Providing shelter for homeless families identified by Family Promise of Gwinnett, Inc. at our church for a week (Sunday evening through Sunday morning).
- Providing meals during this time period.
- Providing evening hosts and overnight hosts during this time period.
- Providing a driver(s) to transport families to and from the Family Promise Center.
- Assisting other hosting churches as needed and also staffing the day center the 1st Sunday of every month from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Many volunteers are needed the weeks that SJN hosts, as well as volunteers for staffing the Family Promise Day Center each 1st Sunday of the month from 9am - 1pm. To volunteer, please contact us as:
. Please contact Aida Galarza at 678-787-3909 or Mary Moorman at 404-345-4484 for information on this outreach ministry.