Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
We are called to help with the distribution of the Eucharist at all weekend & weekday Masses. Contact Keith Schwaner at 404-735-1509. We also bring Eucharist to the ill members of the parish (see Communion to the Sick Ministry).
"The following resources are intended primarily for Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMoHC) but are extremely useful for anyone who desires to learn more about the Roman Catholic Church’s teachings on the Eucharist."
SJN EMoHC e-mail contact:
SJN EMoHC registration form: EM-Interview-Form.PDF
1. Lives a Christian life rooted in faith, hope and love
2. Deeply appreciates the Eucharist and celebrates the sacrament regularly and reverently
3. An example of Christian discipleship in the Parish
4. If married: validly married in accordance with Catholic Church law
5. Age 18 or older and having received the Sacrament of Confirmation. Age 16-17 with the approval from the Parish Office.
If you are interested in becoming a Minister to the Sick please also attend this session.
We hope to provide “continuing education” for our current EMoHC through e-mail. Please send your e-mail address at
to add your name to the list. All of our e-mails are sent via “bcc” so your e-mail address is not shared with the rest of the group. Thanks!
During Initial Certification Training, EMoHC should Read:
After Initial Certification Training, EMoHC should read: